Professor Juan J. Alió Sanz was born in Madrid, Spain. He gained his dentistry license in 1981 and has practiced, lectured, and developed within Orthodontics ever since. Juan is passionate about his work and even more about his hobby. In his free time, he paints and has his work on display in art shows and exhibits.
The following is a short list of past publications, titles, and work:
1. Doctor of Medicine and Surgery. Complutense University of Madrid.
2. Specialist in Stomatology. Complutense University of Madrid.
3. Master in Orthodontics. Complutense University of Madrid.
4. Master in Paediatric Dentistry. Complutense University of Madrid.
5. Profesor of orthodontics. Faculty of Odontology. Complutense University of Madrid.
6. Co-director of the Orthodontics Masters Degree Course. Complutense University of Madrid.
7. Co-director of the Orthodontics Masters Degree Course. University of Alcalá de Henares.
8. Ex-Secretary of the Department of Stomatology IV. Faculty of Odontology of Madrid.
9. Founding partner, ex-president and currently member of the Spanish Society of Special Patients. (SEOEME).
10. President of the worldwide congress of the IADH Society. (November 2000).
11. Editor of the Latin American orthodontist’s magazine.
12. Member of the scientific committee of the Oral Medicine magazine.
13. Member of the scientific committee of the Clinical Orthodontics magazine.
14.President of the Spanish Committee of the Latin American Association of Orthodontists.
15. Author of more than 90 articles in scientific publications.
16. Author of 7 chapters of books as co-author.
17. Author of the book “Orthodontics and orthopaedics with functional braces”.
18. 63 courses held nationally and internationally.
19. President of the XII congress of the Latin American Association of Orthodontists.